Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Day 8

BIG NEWS!!!!


I will let Kim tell you!! This is an e-mail Kim sent me this afternoon.


Hey Johnna, it's Kim writing for a change. I wanted to share today's news with you. Today is Zachary's birthday (they are saying that he is both 1 week old, and 28 weeks gestation) and I WAS ABLE TO HOLD HIM!!! It was the best feeling in the world, I looked up to God and thanked him for allowing me the moment I have been waiting my whole life to have. It was so amazing, I was crying the best tears and my heart was just singing. I have never felt so complete, so calm, so amazingly content. Little Zachary is so light and feels so fragile, and now that he has the CPAP and is off the ventilator, we can hear his tiny sweet baby cries. What an awesome sound to our ears. I held him close to me and he curled his little hand around my finger and he fell back to sleep. I sang him Happy Birthday for the first time while he slept soundly. It was truly the best moment of my life and Stephen was there taking pictures, video taping and just staying close to us. They are letting us hold him once a day and tomorrow is Daddy's turn, I can't wait for Stephen to experience holding his son. It is such an important milestone. I thank God every day for our little miracle, our sweet little man. Oh and when we got back to the room, I pumped and the rest of my milk has finally come in. All I needed was the touch of my sweet baby boy.


Praise the Lord!!! What a little miracle we have on our hands. If that doesn't bring tears to your eyes I don't know what will! I also just got word that they gave him his first feeding and he did great!! What an amazing day!!


Kim is feeling pretty good. She still has an infection and having a hard time getting rid of it. They switched her antibiotics today to see if these will do a better job. They both still need your thoughts and prayers and they both gain strength!


Videos of Mommy and Zachary







Pictures from Day 8



2 comments:

Jfcfanatic said...

YAY KIM!!!!!

mariannekrancher said...

Wow! Yes, I am experiencing the waterworks again. I am overwhelmed with Joy and thankfulness for your blessings...As you said Praise God!!! What a glorious day for you ALL. He is YOUR precious little angel and finally in your arms.

So happy for you! God bless and protect you ALL, now & Always!