Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 9

Well folks ...
Yesterday was truly amazing! Being able to see Kim hold our little miracle in her arms for the first time was the most beautiful thing that we have ever experienced. It was so wonderful to see Kim gazing down at our little boy in her arms. I was so proud. People have always told me that there was no other feeling like it in the World to hold your child in your arms for the first time. But until you actually experience it for yourself, you never truly know what they were talking about. And today was that day for me. Words can not describe the joy that an experience like this can really bring to ones heart. When the nurse put Zachary in my arms, this little boy has taken my breath away and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. We thank God for him each and every day. Kim and I now feel that our lives are complete.

Zachary is doing so good. They started feeding him Mommy's milk yesterday and was getting 2 ml. every three hours. He was tolerating it so well that today they have increased the rate to 4 ml. every three hours. They will be trying to increase this once a day while also trying to wean down on the additional fluids they are giving him as he is able to handle it. Zachary also was given a bath (if a sponge bath counts) and was also weighed. He was 1 pound 14.5 ounces, and is now weighing 1 pound 13.2 ounces.
Daddy also got to help change Zachary's diaper too. And many of you know that I am going to be a stay at home father for at least the first year, so this was diaper number 1 and many, many more to go. (-: Oh yeah .... and it was a messy diaper too. :-)

Kim and I want to thank each and every one for keeping us in their thoughts and prayers and we truly appreciate all of the great comments, emails and phone calls.
Day 9 - Videos


Day 9 - Pictures





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you two. Prayers are being answered!
love yall, Aunt Janice

mariannekrancher said...

OK, now the kleeenex is SOAKED!!! "Dad" I can only imagine how pride filled and thankful you must be...I can't wait for the moment when I too, will be abel to hold my son for the first time, along with seeign ym husband hold his son for the first time as well. Again, trly a miracle which to be ever so mindful and appreciative of. You & kim truly are blessed, have worked hard, and have been rewarded with the greatest gift in life...a LIFE...One that you created with love. I am so happy for ALL OF YOU!

God bless and protect you always!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim, Stepehen and Zachary,
How wonderful to be able to go on your website each day to see your amazing pictures and to read about all the progress of your precious little Zachary! He is doing so well, what a beautiful little boy he is! How touching it was to see both Kim and Stephen holding him for the first time. I still have tears in my eyes! Zachary is truly a most precious gift from G-d! We say prayers for all of you when we go to Temple on Friday night. We hope that Kim will be feeling much better very soon, and we know that Zachary will be getting stronger and stronger with each passing day! Please know that you are constantly in our thoughts and in our prayers! Our love and best wishes to you all!

Our love, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Arnie

Anonymous said...

why do I read these blogs at work? I am sitting at my desk crying...
I am so happy for you guys. I am praying for you.
Love ya,
Mandi

Bruisie Q said...

Wow! Zachary is well on his way! We are so excited for y'all! Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Suzy & Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hello Baldwin Family, just want to let you know our thoughts and prayers are still with you and I believe that God is holding little Zach's hand and telling him to hold on for mommy & daddy to take him home to love. Have Faith and stay strong. We love you all, Lisa & Roland & family