YEAY!!! When we first got to the hosptial after Kim's water broke, the doctor gave us two goals to work towards, one was Week 24 which they call "the age of viability" and the other is Week 28 where Zachary's risk of having complications from a premature birth significantly decrease.
Yes folks, on Saturday, February 2nd, we made it to Week 24 and boy were we thrilled!! Our doctor came in and joined in on the excitement since it is such a HUGE hurdle we conquered. Things remain good. The placenta previa is causing some bleeding but since there are no contractions (can we get a 'Whoo hoo' please?) the doctor isn't worried about it. We have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday where they are going to measure little Zachary again. They monitor Zachary's heart for half hour increments, three times each day. They are very pleased by his heart rate and Dr. Pinell has even called Zachary's heart rythms "advanced" for his age. That's our boy!
We are so blessed to be in such a great hospital with a wonderful doctor and great nurses. Many of the nurses request to be Kim's nurse for the day only to discover someone else has already requested her. We think it's funny that they fight to take care of us.
We continued working on our registry (online) over the weekend and bought Zachary's furniture online on Saturday. That was how we celebrated our wonderful milestone.
We hope life is treating everyone well and thank you all for the prayers, calls, care packages and visits. They all mean so much to us. We'll try to update more frequently, but there's not a lot of news when you all you are doing is laying in a bed, growing a baby. ;)
Love to all!!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi Kim and Stephen!
How wonderful it was to read all the great news on your web site. I keep asking Lynne and Ted how you are doing, but this was so much more informative. It sounds like everything is progressing really well. You are always in our thoughts and in our prayers. When we go to Temple on Friday nights, we always say prayers for all "3" of you! Please take care, and thanks for the great updates. Now that I know that you are doing this, I will check this site much more often. Congratulations on making it to Week 24!
All our love, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Arnie
Thanks for posting, Stephen! We've been thinking about you guys and sending "stay put, Zachary!" prayers your direction. Great to hear you're at week 24.
Even "no news" updates are good -- at least we know you three are all doing well. :)
Take care, and congrats on the milestone.
...Denny, Dawn, & Carter
so excited to hear the news! WEEK 24..WHOO HOO! Very Very good. Wish I could send you MY personal RN, Kim...lol...But..he has to work! So...we are sendin lots of LOVE...PRAYERS...WISHES...yalls way!
Love to all of you!
Jae & Rob
That is awesome news!
Keep up the good work!
Love ya,
Mandi
YAY!!!! Mr. Zachary is a fighter....YES!!! I'm sure he will continue to fight and be strong. Glad everything is going really good. You guys continue to be in my prayers. Sorry I haven't made it out yet, but I will soon! Can't wait for another update and hopefully it will be really soon and with an ultrasound pic. :) Take care guys!
Jessica M.
Glad you liked the care package... let us know when you are running out of stuff in it so they may be replenished!
Whoo-hoo!
You three are such an awesome family! I am celebrating week 25 ahead of your blog! Just caught up with your blog and I'm excited all over again. I love your mascot praying boy. It all works. The Hindu prayers, the Jewish Prayers, the Buddest Chants, the protestant prayers, a few Catholics prayers, and others I haven't heard from yet. I love you all so much. See you next week-end for hearts, hearts, hearts . . .
Mom
Post a Comment