Hello blog friends! My name is Johnna(cousin to Stephen, Kim, & Zachary) and I'm going to blog for Stephen and Kim so that mommy and daddy can spend even more time with their new little man! First of all I'm sure your wanting to hear the story of how little Zachary made his entrance into this world on Sat. morning. I will let Stephen explain..... this is an e-mail that was sent out earlier today.
Well folks ....
Just to let everyone know that Kim was having some complications and went into pre-term labor, so we had to deliver baby Zachary early. He is our little trooper and was able to stay tucked away inside the womb without any fluid for just over five weeks. Zachary was delivered at 27 weeks. He weighed 1 pound 14.5 ounces and measured out to 13 3/8". He does have some lung problems so they have him on a ventilator. His lungs were stiff and the ventilator is to help him build the strength in his little lungs. The doctors say that it is not uncommon for this to occur when a baby has been so long without fluid. Zachary will be in the Neonatal ICU (currently level 3) for probably a minimum of 2 months. They tell us the best guess they can give as to when we could expect him to be able to go home is around the actual due date (May 24). So needless to say, we still have a long way to go before we will be able to bring him home.
Zachary is a strong little boy and he will need all his strength to get through this. So if you would, please continue to keep him, Kim and I in your thoughts and prayers while we travel down this long path. Kim and I will try our best to keep everyone in the loop, but the best way to keep up is to check out our blog at the following link which we will do our best to keep updated. http://thebaldwinbaby.blogspot.com
Feel free to share the photos.
I have attached some pictures of Zachary, but I will let you know ahead of time that there is a lot of tubes and monitors hooked up to him so be prepared and don't be alarmed.
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers,
Stephen
4 comments:
We love you! Happy thoughts and positive energy are coming your way!!!
Dear Kim, Stephen and Zachary!
We LOVED the pictures of precious little Zachary! He is SO SO Beautiful! I know that you are so proud of your new little son. We wish you all the very best! We know that Zachary will be just fine and all will be simply wonderful for the 3 of you. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you always! We really enjoy your website, it's a great way to find out all the information about the Baldwin Family. Keep the good news coming!
All our love, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Arnie
When they brought him out of the delivery room, he looked about the size of a coke can (his torso)with a tennis ball on top (head). His little arms and legs were about as big around as adult fingers, but longer. He has all 10 fingers and 10 toes and his hands looked big for his size so I'm betting he will one day be a BIG boy.
Granny Marie
Hi Kim, Stephen and Zachary!
Wow, what Great news today! We love reading all the updates about little Zachary. He is doing SO well! We are so proud of him! We are also very happy to know that Kim is feeling much better too. What wonderful news from yesterday! The pictures of Zachary are just precious. What a most sweet little guy. I know that you are so proud of him, and we are very proud of him as well. Thank you for all the wonderful updates. I read them everyday. Stay well, and tell Zachary that we love him very much! All our love, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Arnie
Post a Comment