Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day folks!

Sorry for the delay in posts, but be assured that no news is good news! We've made it to over 25 and 1/2 weeks! We are so happy to have come so far and are praying that there are many more weeks to come up here at Women's Hospital. All the nurses tell us that the fetal monitor reflects a very healthy baby with an advanced heart rate and no inidication that the lack of amniotic fluid has affected little Zachary. Thank God for good news!

Last Saturday Stephen was able to put his hand on my belly and felt Zachary move, kick and he even felt a hiccup or two. The look on Stephen's face almost made me cry. He was looking at us with such awe. I just love it that he can feel our son's movements now. Yesterday my nurse taught him what to look for and now Stephen can tell by just by looking at my belly where Zachary is laying. Speaking of my belly, it seems to have doubled in size practically overnight!

Since I obviously can't get to the neighborhood Hallmark store, I got out the markers and paper (thanks Deanna for sending them to me in that sweet care package you sent) and made Stephen a homemade Valentine. Shhhh! Don't tell! I haven't given it to him yet. We are preparing a little basket of chocolates to give to the nurses too. They have been so great and taken such good care of us up here.

It's a big, exciting weekend for us! My mom is flying in for the weekend and I can't wait. Also, my cousins from New Orleans are talking about coming in too. You guys are going to laugh at me, but both my mom and my cousins are bringing me food that I am craving that I just can't get here. My mom is brining Chocodiles (chocolate covered twinkies) and my cousin is bringing crawfish and corn bisque from their restaurant. It's sure going to beat hospital food!

The other exciting thing this weekend is that Stephen's and my nieces, Johnna and Robin, are throwing me a baby shower up here Saturday afternoon. This unit here at the hosptial is used to such things and are bringing a table and ten chairs into my room. This room is going to be crowded and full of love! I am so excited! Plus this weekend we start Week 26, which is a mini-milestone. My doctor says that every two weeks is mini-milestone as far as little Zachary's development.

Well, that's about all in our world. Have a wonderful day, week and weekend. Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Sounds like a fun week-end....I'm glad your Mom is there to have fun.....Zachary will feel all the extra Love around him this week-end...week 26 YEH!!!
Love
Heidi