And with those sweet words we found out that we are having a baby boy!
It was a weekend full of ups and downs. We started out at Kim's office holiday party at Morton's Steak House (their prime rib rocks y'all!). We had a great time and Kim was good and spent the majority of the evening sitting and chatting with a couple of the attorneys she works with (and their spouses). We both had a great time.
Then we got home and Kim noticed she was bleeding. We called the doctor on call and she told us to go to the hospital. We were both stressing the whole 40 minute trip, but we got to Women's hospital and the treatment room (their version of an ER) was packed so there was no place for us. Finally someone was discharged and Kim got into a room and had her history taken and blood drawn. Then Dr. Farril came in and said the ultrasound tech was here and before she examined us, she wanted us to go see our baby and see what was going on. We were so scared that we were going to lose our baby.
The ultrasound tech, Jennifer, was really sweet, especially since she got called into work at 1:30 early Sunday morning and she rapidly did the ultrasound so we could see our baby. Stephen was able to be in the room and the first image we saw just made us tear up in relief...our baby was wiggling around, just like the previous ultrasound. Jennifer let us hear the heart beat and told us our baby seemed fine. Then she asked if we wanted to find out the sex of our baby. We were so excited!! Then she pointed out parts on the screen "that's a leg, that's a leg and that's not a leg." She said she was 95% sure it was a boy and that she'd go out and buy blue stuff if it was her. Whoo hoo! We started referring to little Baby B by his name from that point on...Zachary.
Anyway, it turns out that Kim has a common (but not normal) condition called Complete Placenta Previa. Leaving out the clinical terms, the condition is where the placenta is lower than it should be and that caused the bleeding. If we are very lucky, the placenta will move to where it is supposed to be in the next few weeks or months. Kim stayed in the hospital for a few days and is now home on bed rest for a day or two before CAREFULLY going back to work. She sees the doctor again on the 13th of December.
So, to make a long story short, Kim and our son Zachary are doing well and are getting some rest.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YYYAAEEE for a little baby boy!! I'm sorry what you had to go through to find out, but I'm glad that everything turned out OK!!! We are praying for you!!
I am sooooo excited to hear that you are having a boy! Zachary is a great name.
Kim - I miss you and can't wait to have your smiling face back in the office. I'll be bring by tea and rice crispy treats every hour!!!
I am glad that you guys are doing well.
Mandi
I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a bit while reading. I am so glad everything is okay guys. I have to admit, I was worried but knew it would be okay. Congratulations on the baby boy! I'm sure you're very excited Stephen. I'm am SOOOO happy for you guys, you have no idea.
Jessica M.
Hey Baldwin family,
I am so glad ya'll are doing good. It was good to hear from you. I am so happy for you!! Take care of yourself and Zachary. We love you and miss you so much!
Love,
The Cheramie Family
Glad to hear that all is well, and if you don't mind, I'm still gonna call him Hippie til he gets out. It'll make it more real when he gets the right name. :D
Post a Comment