Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 71 - Update

Hi Folks,

Well they tried to extubate Zachary today. He was working really hard to breathe so after three and a half hours, they intubated him again. His airway is swollen from the nasal ventilator they used at Texas Childrens, so they are giving him four doses of steriods to help reduce the swelling. An ENT doctor will look at Zachary on Tuesday or Wednesday to see if his airway is better, before they try to extubate him again.

That's about all that is going on with us. We are spending lots of time with Zachary, just keeping him calm while he is intubated.

We hope all is well with all of you. Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zachary

Grandma is so sorry you have that awful tube in. I hope tomorrow they take it out for good. You are such a strong little guy and I hope the medicine helps you get rid of that yucky tube. I know you hate it so but it's helping you until you can breathe better on your ow. I love you so much and pray for you constantly. Give mommy and daddy love both from you and grandma.

xxoo

Grandma Mala